20+ Interview Questions you can expect at an Engineering Job Interview
Interviewing will always be part of your professional life. Like it or not, you are more likely to face a harsh panel of interviewers who might seem to focus more on your shortcomings, than a friendly single interviewer. Either way, ample preparation and confidence is all you need to impress your interviewers for a chance at that engineering job.
While the questions asked at interviews vary, some of the most common are listed below. Preparing for these types of questions before you get to the more technical one will allow you to increase your confidence and avoid the awkward moments of silence.
Here are 20 of the most common introductory-type questions you should anticipate during your next interview.
- What single project or task would you consider the most significant accomplishment in your career so far?
- Please tell us a few things about yourself?
- What are your career objectives and preferences?
- How much salary you are expecting?
- What is your plan regarding continuing your education?
- Do you work well in a team?
- Do you function well in high stress environment?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 2, 5, 10 years?
- What are some of the areas you would like to improve professionally?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why should we not hire you?
- Why you have applied for this position?
- Why do you believe that you are the best candidate for this position?
- Tell us about some of the classes you took in college and how they would help you in this position?
- What are you looking for in a job?
- What kind of person would you refuse to work with?
- What motivates you to do your best on the job?
- Describe your management style.
- How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience?
- What qualities do you look for in an employer? And most importantly
- Do you have any questions for me?
Posted by admin
on Apr 21st, 2012 and filed under Articles
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.