US News and World report recently published their list of the top 10 engineering graduate schools in the USA. This year‘s list contain some of the usual contenders plus several other newcomers.
- University of California – Berkeley
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign
- Carnegie Mellon University
- California Institute of Technology
- University of Southern California
- University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
- University of Texas – Austin
So this brings up another interesting discussion as it pertains to engineering education,
- Do you think that having a degree from one of the top schools really makes a difference to your career prospects?
- While on-campus recruiters may value the top schools and routinely offer the best jobs to the best graduates, once you’ve left your first job, does the school you attended still matter?